Roadside America app for iPhone and iPad
3872 ratings )
This Exit LLC
Current version: 1.9.1
, last update: 1 week ago
First release : 30 Dec 2009
App size: 11.43 Mb
The team at RoadsideAmerica.com has spent decades exploring the weird wonders of America’s highways. The Roadside America app puts their expertise at your fingertips to help you on your own unforgettable adventures. Fun reports, maps and photos guide you to the less traveled places just waiting off the next exit.
- The Today Show: "Road Trip Must Haves"
- Travel + Leisure: "Great Road-Trip App"
- Real Simple: Recommended Road Trip "Escape App"
- Conde Nast Traveler: "Best Travel Apps for Kids"
- NY Times: "For a more lighthearted road trip, with more quirky sights highlighted, check out Roadside America…"
NOTE: The basic app includes your choice of 1 (of 7 total) U.S./Canada regions.* Optional in-app purchases unlock more or all regions.
DISCOVER UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
- World’s largest and smallest sights
- Strange museums, graves, statues, Muffler Men
- Bizarre architecture, obscure history
- Route 66 sights, tourist traps, odd theme parks
- Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
SEE WHATS UP THE ROAD
- Check map or list for what oddities are nearby, or drop a pin ahead
- Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city
- Explore 70+ themes: Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army, more!
PLAN A TRIP -- OR JUST LAUGH
- Read amusing field reports by our travel gurus and tipsters
- View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
- Filter Editors Ratings to focus on the must-sees
- Visit and submit your own tips on exclusive "research" attraction targets
GET EXCLUSIVE ROAD TRIP TOOLS
- Sunset Alert - Last daylight photo opportunity!
- Tourist Interruptus - Schedule an "urgent call" to yourself
- Send an attraction location to Maps or other popular routing apps
- Export/Import your Saves and Been Theres to a 2nd device
FAQ AND CONTACT INFO
For region activation issues, please contact us in the app: More, Feedback or via the website http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/
* REGIONS: HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE(S)
When first launching app, select your one permanent region (see included states, below). Then, you can make optional in-app purchases to permanently unlock more regions, or All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Sign up for a Roadside America user account for region purchases and device access restores.
- NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
- CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
- CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Pros and cons of Roadside America app for iPhone and iPad
Roadside America app good for
Im really glad I got this, and the "everything on it" all-region expansion.
Im already finding places nearby I hope to visit, like the Sparks electrical museum in Bellingham, Washington, and others I know of that Ill propose they add, like the water cistern
Its a walk through to the weirdest parts of real life.
Roadside America will only grow and expand.
Excellent suggestions for unique sites to see that you probably wont find in most travel guides. Wish it was more up to date but with more people adding tips and photos,
I love this app! We live and travel a lot in Texas so the Southwest region is basically enough for us. But 2 years ago we made a road trip up to Yellowstone and back down to Texas via Mt Rushmore. And for this trip alone every penny to unlock all regions was well spent. We found so many cool, weird and fun things along the way, that the kids (5&10) and we adults enjoyed. And its most of the time things that arent mentioned in any travel guides. My personal favorite are the Beatles statues and the presidents heads in Houston.
We are on a 17 day family roadtrip and we use this app everyday as we plan our activities! We have discovered so many interesting places!
Whether you are looking for new and weird things in your own neighborhood or distractions on a road trip to get off the highway, this app has it all! I learned things about attractions and oddities I walk past every day I didnt know about. Some of the info could use a little refreshing to get it a bit more current, but its really useful, layout is user friendly, directions are thorough, photos are helpful, and stories are well written and entertaining.
Our family has enjoyed the cool attractions weve discovered from this app. Things we would never have known about prior to this download. Thanks!
Some bad moments
Roadside America. When I saw it was available at last here in Canada I jumpped on it.
The App itself is just fine, wonderful in fact. It gives all the quarky Roadside info I have come to love from the site at my fingertips. It will be great for trips! Recommended.
However, the costing is a ripoff! And I urge Roadside America to rethink this in the up dates and opt to reward its fans instead of gouging them.
The $3 you pay up front only buys you one of 5 regions of the USA. you only get the info for the region you pay for. You can ad regions later if you want, at another cost. I would have gladly paid one, one time fee for this, even as high as $10 or more. I have paid that much for apps before if I really like it and know I will use it all the time. But the kicker here is, even if you by all access to to all of the USA you have to renew it every year. So every year I pay another $5?!?! So I have to pay for this app every year? I have never heard of such a thing. Who do you think you are, the NY Times? In fact I have NY Times app, and IT WAS FREE! When I buy a travel book, do I have to go back and buy it again every year?
This would have been a 5 out of 5 if it wasnt for the costing. This is no way to grow your biz. I would be surprised if anyone out side of die hard core RSA fans bought into this. If you had made it one time fee of 5-10 bucks, all access, you might have brought in more new fans that way. But your current costing scam is a turn off.
Rethink this in the next up date of the app, and all will be forgiven and I will gladly write another review, that one would be 5 out of 5!
Fans will get this app. They will love it. They should also let RSA know how they feel about the costing scheme. (maybe its jst me?). Newbies may feel ripped off however.
I have been thinking about it and here is a suggestion. I would pay $15 or so (the cost of a travel book) to have total access forever to this app. Also, if memebers could load up there own pictures to the site and ad reviews that would be cool too.
I have been waiting for this app to come out for months. I am a big fan of
I probably would have known if I had read more but when I bought it I though I would have the entire US but no, for $2,99 (CDN), I had to chose for only one section of the map. Its very disappointing but I learned my lesson. If you have money to spare… it might be a good thing. If you dont, forget about it!
Had this app for all of an hour and it crashed. Want my money back. :(
No one loves quirky weird stuff more than me, but most of the suggestions on this app are really not worth stopping for, or even slowing down. Its like, mainly funny/funky signs.
There also doesnt seem to be a feature to sort points of interest by user rating, which would at least weed out some of the duller and most forgettable attractions.
They give you one little area, costs $6 to unlock all. Crooks.
This app is fantastic. It provided all the perfect stops for my two day excursion through Los Angeles. I dont normally pay for apps, but this was totally worth it. That said, I wish theyd put some of that money towards a redesign of the app.
and other. So, download free Roadside America .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Roadside America iOS app used & searched for